Saturday 8 February 2014

Exploring growth in Port of Spain.

As a simple girl, born and raised in the west of Trinidad, I've always attended schools that were a mere 10-15 minutes away, with traffic. So imagine my horror when I began my studies at the University of the West Indies, located in the east of the island, and realized that it requires approximately an hour worth of commuting! Despite this, I make my daily east-west journeys and lately, I've become increasingly aware of the growing numbers of people, businesses, stores, cars and wastes etc. in a city that isn't capable of facilitating this exponential growth. This underhandedly poses a problem, not just for city dwellers, but for us all. Stick with me as I dig deeper and shine a light on the current issue of congestion in Port of Spain, Trinidad.

1 comment: